Wednesday, November 24, 2004

About John Kriza


I've never done this before. REALLY
Like everyone I have a million thoughts that go by on a daily basis that I of course want to share with the world. Or just myself. Right now I can't think of anything to say to make me even sound remotely interesting.

John Kriza is not my real name. John Kriza was a dancer for American Ballet Theater back in the 30's-60's. He drowned in shallow water off the coast of Florida in the early 70's. John Kriza was one of the first masculine American dancers in ballet. Years before Barishnikov. I saw him in a photo book when I was very young and still grappling with my sexuality. He has a harshly, handsome polish face with a strong nose. He looks like a meatpacker. He also has a slender slylph-like body with broad sholders and a barrel chest. He leaps like a gazelle. To me his is the PINNACLE of male perfection. Someone I strive to be every day but will never become. So he's just my password. I use his name instead of my own.

No comments: